You are here
VanderCook Alumni Association Dues
We have made some changes to the Alumni dues process. Dues are still $25 per individual and $40 per couple each year, but we have switched to a rolling dues system. Your membership fee will be due each year during the month in which you first became a member. Graduates (Bachelors and Masters) always receive free membership for the year following their graduation date.
The purpose of the Alumni Association is to:
1. Promote and support VanderCook College of Music.
2. Stimulate and encourage loyalty.
3. Inform the alumni of activities, achievements and needs.
4. Establish and maintain fellowship.
5. Promote active participation and membership.
What does my membership do?
1. Awards annually one Alumni Excellence Award to a deserving third-year student in the amount of $1,000.
2. Supports the Pops Concert through program ads and beverage sponsorship.
3. Supports the TrusTEE Open through hole sponsorship.
4. Provides segway tours to first-year students as a part of their new student orientation.
5. Contributes up to $1,000 in matching funds to the graduate class gift.
6. Provides hot beverages and snacks to the VanderCook Chicago Marathon Pep Band.
7. Sponsors the dessert table at the annual Thanksgiving Day Dinner and Faculty Recital.
8. Hosts the Alumni Association Reception at the Midwest Clinic.
9. Supports building or operational needs (i.e.,the student lounge appliances and cabinets were donated by the alumni association).
10. Eligibility to nominate and vote for Alumni Board.
What can I do to help?
1. Become a member today
2. Encourage your friends and classmates to join.
3. Keep us informed of your accomplishments, concerts and life events.
If you know a student who demonstrates the traits of a successful future music educator, please encourage them to visit VanderCook.